- Goals and Objectives
If there is one of the tasks that radically defines the work of Bilbao Metropoli-30, it is its sustained and constant drive for the revitalization process of Metropolitan Bilbao, through our work promoting a shared strategic vision with our partners and for our partners, such as stated in our founding Statutes. Strategic thinking has been and is the backbone of our Association’s activity.
This work to promote strategic thinking in our metropolis has been marked by different milestones, of which the Strategic Reflection 2035 constitutes the last stage of this path.
– It began with the elaboration of the Plan for the revitalization of Metropolitan Bilbao, fundamentally focused on infrastructural aspects.
– After the first decade of work and the consolidation of most of the projects that were part of that plan, the Association proposes a paradigm shift. From infrastructure to values.
– With this new roadmap, the Strategic Reflection and the Strategy were launched in 1999 and 2001 respectively. They propose a vision “to make Metropolitan Bilbao an attractive environment for the development of projects”. Bring your dreams to Bilbao.
– In 2006, Bilbao Metropoli-30 organizes a participatory process with more than 300 local and international representatives to define the strategic values of its future. And in conclusion, the IPICA acronym in Spanish is coined: innovation, professionalism, identity, community and openness. These values have been the roadmap of Bilbao Metropoli-30 until today.
– In 2011, “It’s time for professionals” was launched, a work proposal oriented to the value of professionalism, from which BasquePRO emerged and the large number of projects that we have developed since then with Universities, with Professional Associations, with institutions public and companies in our environment.
– In 2016, we faced the 2035 Strategic Reflection. Another phase of that same revitalization process and of this permanent task of long-term strategic reflection, combining the knowledge and experiences of our partners and international collaborators.
– In 2018 Bilbao Metropoli-30 launched a participatory process using the Scenarios Analysis methodology, within the Strategic Reflection 2035in conjunction with its member organisations. The aim of this process is to reflect in a collective manner, analyse future objectives, and propose specific projects regarding different strategic approaches within each key variable, with the corresponding formation of different groups.